We have established an internal SDGs Promotion Committee
to establish and work on achieving priority goals.
Fujiya Hotel was established in Hakone Miyanoshita as Japan’s first full-scale resort hotel in 1878.
To ensure the hotel continues over the next 100 years, we conducted major earthquake resistance improvement works lasting approximately two years from 2018.
In addition, we are implementing the following environmental initiatives geared to achieving the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) proposed by the United Nations.
- By introducing LED lighting and air conditioner controls, turning employee computers to energy saving mode, and taking other measures, we are striving to reduce energy usage, meet reduction quotas and achieve goals.
- In 2020, we switched to a low emission boiler, thereby greatly reducing the environmental impact.
- To ensure that hotel guests driving electric vehicles can stay our hotel without fear of range anxiety, we have installed electric vehicle charging stands based on the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry’s Next-generation Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Establishment Promotion program”.
Porsche Destination Charging Station: 2 units (8kW ordinary charging)
Panasonic charger: 1 unit capable of charging 2 vehicles
Introduction of LED lighting
Porsche Destination charging stations
- As a company that endorses Kanagawa Zero Plastic Waste Declaration, we promote initiatives on plastic waste reduction.
- By switching from a breakfast buffet service to set menus, we have greatly reduced food waste.
- Our restaurants recycle used cooking oil.
By adopting refillable pump bottles, we have reduced plastic bottles' waste
Soup we adopt reduces the environmental impact by its excellent biodegradability due to natural oils(palm oils) as its material, and manufacturing process which absorbs all material loss into finished products.
We adopted ecofriendly amenity bags made from recycled polyester ECOPET fibers and pigment (quercetin) taken from domestically produced onion skins.
Guestroom waste bags
Waste bags are made from corn starch other plant-based recyclable materials.
We have introduced beds that are made using recyclable materials.
If customers so request, we provide a service whereby we refrain from changing towels and sheets.
Guestroom amenities (razor blades)
By Some products are made using recyclable plastic, bio-additives made from sugarcane, and additives that expedite natural biodegradation.
In an effort to reduce use of plastics, instead of using plastic bottles, we provide potable water with in-house refillable glass bottles.
and menu cards
Biodegradable straws and paper towels are used in all of our restaurants.
Reducing plastic bottles
We have cut down on stocking using plastic bottles.
We collect and keep all the corks from wine, etc. consumed in our restaurants and banquet rooms. We send them to a social welfare corporation in Tokyo through an Nonprofit Organization, where they are recycled and sold as coasters, etc. Part of the returns from such products are used to support the independent living of people with disabilities.
Some menu cards use paper made from forest thinning timber.
- Packaging materials used in Hotel Shop and Bakery & Sweets PICOT are made using 25% biomass polyurethane bags and paper materials.